How to Use Jojoba Oil for Oily Skin
First of all, exactly what is Jojoba oil and how does it correlate to oily skin? Jojoba is not actually an oil, but rather a wax ester. It is extracted from the seed of the Jojoba tree, which grows in the southwestern part of the United States and northwestern part of Mexico.
The wax ester is the closest composition to human skin oil, otherwise, known as sebum.
So why Jojoba oil for oily skin?
It is hypothesized that applying it to your skin “tricks” your skin into thinking it is producing enough oil, therefore complementing or balancing the oil it produces.
Why is my skin so oily?
Whether you were born with naturally oily skin, or your skin tends to break out due to hormonal episodes, are in an adolescent stage, are experiencing a high level of stress, or you just simply do not take care of it by having a strict cleaning regimen, your skin can become oily and trap dirt; thereby increasing the chance that your skin can become riddled with acne, pimples, blackheads, bumps or redness, to name a few.
Will oily skin become worst if you use oil?
How to use Jojoba oil for your oily Skin?
Before using any oil, you want to make sure your skin is as clean as possible.
You first want to take your make up off, apply your face-cleaning routine or just basically run some water on your face to clean it thoroughly.
Below are the basic steps necessary to apply the oil on your oily skin:
- Wash face with a gentle cleanser, rinse with plenty of water and dry;
- Apply only a few drops of oil onto skin;
- Massage completely for at least 1-2 minutes;
- Apply sun block, when necessary;
- Put on make-up or go au naturel.
NOTE: You can repeat this routine before going to bed. Obviously, leave out the sun block and make-up steps.
There are only benefits to using Jojoba oil on your oily skin. It is not expensive, non-greasy, and is antibacterial and best of all is fragrance-free.
The only drawback to using it is the fact that since it works so well, you may want to use more than you have to. At the end, your product may run out much faster than anticipated and your face may look oiler than it needs to be.
The benefits for your skin include:
- Controls oily skin – the oil balances or reduces the skin’s natural production of oil sealing in moisture and protecting the skin.
- Acts as a moisturizer – easily absorbed into your skin and does not evaporate as it is not a water-based product.
- Controls acne – acts as a deep cleanser by penetrating the hair follicles that get trapped by the accumulation of sebum.
- Prevents bacterial growth – the oil contains antibacterial properties that help prevent bacterial growth in hair follicles.
- Natural product – does not contain animal products and will not decay.
When should you change your routine?
What programs can I follow to control my oily skin?
Creating and maintaining a well-balanced routine for skin care should be the most important decision you can embrace at an early age or adopt as soon as you possibly can.
The science to controlling your oily skin is rather simple:
- Keep your skin clean
- Moisturize using your oil
- Drink lots of water
Best uses for Home Remedies
As stated before, the oil produced by your skin, can easily be regulated by using Jojoba oil. Acne, pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, and such, can all completely disappear or diminish by using it as a home remedy.
You can spend a lot of money with a dermatologist and this is proven to be expensive. However, you have nothing to lose and much to gain by trying out the less expensive Jojoba oil.
Will men benefit from it?
The short and quick answer is YES.
Men will definitely benefit from the use of Jojoba oil. If you are a male, you can also use it to treat your oily skin as the product is natural and fragrance-free.
In addition, the oil can be used as follows:
- Use a couple of drops for your aftershave treatment
- Use to soften your moustache
- Use to soften your beard
Applying it before and after shaving, helps your skin stay smooth and moisturized.
Uses on Your Hair
You already know the many wonders this oil has when applied to your skin. Just contemplate how magnificent your hair will look and feel as it responds to consistent applications of Jojoba oil.
Your hair will be healthier and smoother since the oil penetrates the scalp and your hair cells much faster and easier, thereby, naturally moisturizing your hair.
Think about the properties and the results the oil will have on your hair:
- Provides a natural balance for all hair types,
- Most beneficial for curly, dry or hard-to-manage frizzy hair,
- If hair is oily and prone to dandruff, it will hydrate the scalp and will help eradicate the problem,
- Can help control bacterial growth in hair follicles,
- Contains natural oils that moisturize your scalp and hair,
- Helps remove or smooth out split ends.
Hair loss is a common problem in men, however, many women also experience hair loss due to a number of factors.
Jojoba oil regenerates and stimulates your hair cells that can contribute to hair growth since it acts as an anti-inflammatory agent. It cleans the scalp, removes build up and promotes a healthy scalp, which contributes to stopping hair loss and growth of new hair.
Use as a Carrier Oil
Jojoba oil can be combined or diluted with many types of products and oils. A concoction of different oils can be used to come up with a formula you can use to treat your skin.
It can be mixed together with different types of oils, such as rosewood, almond, tea tree essential or vitamin E can be used to experiment and create your favorite recipe.
The oil can also be used with honey, oatmeal, and clay to create your very own mask, which you can use to deep-clean your face.
Are there other uses?
Since the Jojoba oil works wonderfully on your oily skin, the natural ingredients will also moisturize your dry, sensitive skin, combination skin or dry-problem areas, such as your hands and feet.
Jojoba oil is a miracle product and also works wonders in the following areas:
- Body Moisturizer: few drops can be applied to your skin right after you shower or a few drops can be released into your tub before bathing.
- Body Massage: can be very relaxing and it is perfect for sensitive skin
- Lip Conditioner: works well on dry, chapped lips
- Make-up Remover: since it is non-allergenic, a few drops can be used to remove make-up, even in your eyes as the Jojoba oil will not irritate them
- Used on Nails: Can be used as cuticle oil to relieve dryness
- Reduce Wrinkles: Removes dryness to smooth out wrinkles
- Stretch Marks: Apply to help prevent stretch marks
Caring for Your Oil
After having read all of the above, you are probably going to want to take care of your precious oil for all your home remedy and skin care rituals with extreme caution.
All you really have to do is use it often at least twice a day and store is a cool dry place to preserve its freshness.
Buying your Next Bottle
Keep in mind all the wonderful and natural uses Jojoba oil has on your oily skin, dry or combination skin, including your hair.
You will want to make sure you buy the organic version as it is free of pesticides, preservatives and GMO’s (Genetically Modified Organisms).
The cost may be a little bit higher than the conventional version, but it will be worth every penny.
The Miracle Oil!
You already know how amazing Jojoba oil is for your oily skin. Of course, it can also do wonders for all skin types, and just about every part of your body. So, for softer and brighter skin and more beautiful, healthy, soft hair, you will want to treasure the many uses of this miracle oil.
Jojoba oil is all you need!
Images Credits: 1 -