Our 3 Favorite Heated Home Foot SPAs for 2017
Whenever I want to relax and unwind, I always go for a foot spa. It’s a very relaxing experience. Even soaking your tired feet in some warm water can make you feel refreshed, relaxed, rested and rejuvenated.
What's even better is that you can now get a home foot spa so you don't have to pay a lot of money to get the relaxation you crave.
Benefits of Using a Home Foot Spa
It's no secret that our feet are some of the most abused parts of our bodies. They carry our weight for most of the day. They get us moving to do various tasks. They even suffer from uncomfortable (although, most of the time, really pretty) shoes.
This makes our feet tired, aching, and in much need of some TLC. Luckily, foot spas can now be done at home. Some even DIY it with just warm water and a small basin, but, honestly, with all the affordable foot spa machines in the market today, why not take it up a notch? These home spa electronics have lots of benefits to offer that you're clearly missing out if you don't have one just yet.
So what are these benefits I keep on blabbing about?
- Pampers your feet any time. Like what I've said before, our feet are often tired and in pain. They do so much for us so why don't we pamper them every once in a while?
- Helps you relax. If you've never tried getting a foot massage or even just spending some time on a foot soaker, you'll be surprised at how relaxing these things can be. Our feet are perennially tired and aching that we think those are pretty normal.
This, of course, shouldn't be the case. Your feet should feel good, especially with all the abuse it gets. With a good foot spa machine at home, you'll discover a whole new world that's free of aching feet.
- Reduces stress. Finding a good way to relax can help you beat stress. And since foot spa machines are a great way to unwind and relax, you can be sure that you'll be able to handle stress better by having one of these machines at home.
- Lowers blood pressure and improved blood circulation. Being able to relax, handle stress better, and get quality sleep are just some of the results of regular use of foot spas at home. These, in turn, help in lowering your blood pressure and improving your blood circulation. In short, by being able to relax and get rid of your foot pains, you can also improve your overall wellness.
- Helps loved ones relax. The best thing about having a foot spa machine at home is that your loved ones can also use it. With everyone at home relaxed, moods will improve and the overall atmosphere will also be a lot more positive. Now, wouldn't that be nice?
Things to Know Before Buying a Foot Bath
Before you head out to grab a new foot bath machine, there are a few things you need to know. These bits of information will help you choose the right one for your needs, so you can be sure to always get quality pampering using your home spa machine.
- Not all foot spa for personal use are equal, so you should know that to look for to find a high-quality product. It should be safe to use and made to last, so it will be worth every penny.
- Foot spas for home use come with a lot of different features and functionalities that choosing one off the bat can be a challenge. Don't be fooled by the number of features a product can offer, because sometimes, you don't really need that much. For me, what's important is that it heats up, to add to the relaxing experience.
- Massage functions are also offered by a lot of foot spa machines. You can find some that have rollers for manual massages or water jets that target your pressure points.
- Some home spa machines are quite noisy, especially those with powerful bubble and jet functions. So, make sure to consider this point as well, because it can be difficult to relax if you easily get bothered by noises.
- Foot spas for the home also come in different sizes. If you have huge feet, you should closely consider looking for a product with a huge basin, so you can be sure that your feet will fit inside comfortably, so you can enjoy what this appliance has to offer.
- Using a foot spa machine is all fun until you realize that some products are difficult to drain. Check out this design point as well, so you won't be put off from using your unit because you don't want to be hassled by the draining part.
- Checking if the unit can be used with soaps and oils is also essential before you buy a foot spa for your home. Soaps, oils, and salts are typically used to create a more relaxing foot soak, so if a unit can't be used with such products, you should look for something else.
To save you from the tedious task of combing through so many options, here are our top choices for the best heated home foot spas for 2016:
Kendal Deep Foot and Leg Spa Bath Massager
Our feet and calves tend to hurt after a long day of standing, walking, running, or doing some other physical activity, so a foot soaker that will also cover your calves will be a great treat for your pamper sessions at home.
This makes the Kendal FBD2535 an excellent pick as its deep tank allows room for your calves to soak in warm water that you can adjust from 20-48 degrees celsius, letting your tight muscles relax and loosen up in a jiffy.
What I also love about this product is that it has a number of massage functions that will help you get rid of your aching and sore muscles easily.
It has motorized rollers and point massage nodes to apply pressure on the bottom of your foot, a pedicure stone to help you slough off dead skin easily, a water spray port to massage your calves, and even a herb container to ensure a fragrant foot soak.
Easy to use, clean, and drain, this foot spa for the home is a worthy investment for your relaxation and overall wellness.
Brookstone Foot Baths
This one may seem pretty basic, as it looks a lot like other home spa machines, but it performs well and provides great relaxation to users for a very reasonable price.
Made by Brookstone, a known wellness appliance manufacturer, this unit has powerful rotating jets with two speeds that you can set according to your preference.
It also heats water up to and keeps it at 115F so you get to provide good relief to your sore foot muscles. It's also spacious enough even for those with hulking feet, so you don't have to worry about having ample space within the basin.
The only drawback for this product is that the use of salts, soaps, and creams are recommended against by the manufacturers so the clogging of the jets can be avoided. So, if you love using fragrant products to make your soak time a lot more relaxing, this might be a major deal breaker.
Carepeutic Ozone Waterfall Foot and Leg Spa Bath Massager
The Carepeutic foot massager will definitely catch your eye. It looks luxurious with its elegant design that will easily convince you that this item won't feel out of place in your carefully curated home.
On top of this is its great technology, coupling ozone benefits into hyperthermia healing therapy, washing all of your feet's pains and aches away.
This foot spa can heat water up to 118F and will massage your tootsies with its motorized massage rollers and water jets. As it is designed with a deep tank, water can reach your calves, giving you a more relaxing foot soak.
It is a bit pricey, though, so you'd have to consider it as an investment. I think it's worth every penny, however, because it is high quality and very effective in giving your lower extremities' muscles some great relief.
A Personal Foot Spa Machine for a More Relaxing Time at Home
Some might think that a heated foot spa is just a luxury that they can live without. In reality, however, it has so many great health benefits that make it really ideal to own.
Do you regularly experience soreness in your calf muscles or balls of your feet? Have you ever tried a foot spa before? Share your experiences in the comments section.